In effect: August 17, 2020 Last modified: August 10, 2020
Thank you for choosing to be part of Outlands (“we”, “us”, or “our”).
We are committed to protecting your personal information and your right to privacy. If you have any questions or concerns about this privacy notice, or our practices with regards to your personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
When you login to our gaming service, as the case may be (the “Game”) and more generally, use any of our services (the “Services”, which include the Game), we appreciate that you are trusting us with your personal information. We take your privacy very seriously. In this privacy notice, we seek to explain to you in the clearest way possible what information we collect, how we use it and what rights you have in relation to it.
This privacy notice applies to all information collected through our Services (which, as described above, includes our Game), as well as any related services or marketing.
We hope you take some time to read through it carefully, as it is important. If there are any terms in this privacy notice that you do not agree with, please discontinue use of our Services immediately.
1. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT? Some information — such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address and device characteristics — is collected automatically when you connect to our Game.
This information does not reveal your specific identity (like your name or contact information) but may include device and usage information. This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our Game, and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes.
We may collect information automatically when you use our Services, including but not limited to:
IP address; Information about your device, hardware, and software, such as your hardware identifiers, platform type, settings and components, and the presence of required software.
2. HOW DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION? We use internal and third-party technologies to collect information about how you use our Game and your computer or device.
For instance, Outlands may collect and store data from your computer or device when you use our Game. This information includes technical and related information about your computer or device and operating system (such as IP Address and device ID), information about your engagement with certain features, gameplay and usage statistics and system interactions.
3. HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION? We use the information we collect or receive to:
We retain the information we collect for as long as necessary to provide our Services, and we may retain that information beyond that period if necessary for legal, operational or other legitimate reasons.
We may also de-identify, anonymize, or aggregate the information we collect, or collect it in a way that does not directly identify you. We may use and share such information as permitted by applicable law. (see “WILL YOUR INFORMATION BE SHARED WITH ANYONE?” below.)
4. WILL YOUR INFORMATION BE SHARED WITH ANYONE? We only share information with your consent, to comply with laws, to provide you with access to our Service, or to protect your rights.
We do not share, sell (as the term is defined under applicable privacy laws, such as the California Consumer Privacy Act), or disclose your personal information, except as described in this policy.
5. IS YOUR INFORMATION TRANSFERRED INTERNATIONALLY? We may transfer, store, and process your information in countries other than your own.
Our servers are located in the United States of America. If you are accessing our Game from outside, please be aware that your information may be transferred to, stored, and processed by us in our facilities and by those third parties with whom we may share your personal information (see “WILL YOUR INFORMATION BE SHARED WITH ANYONE?” above), in and other countries.
If you are a resident in the European Economic Area, then these countries may not necessarily have data protection laws or other similar laws as comprehensive as those in your country. We will however take all necessary measures to protect your personal information in accordance with this privacy notice and applicable law.
6. HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION? We keep your information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this privacy notice unless otherwise required by law.
We will only keep your personal information for as long as it is necessary for the purposes set out in this privacy notice, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law (such as tax, accounting or other legal requirements). No purpose in this notice will require us keeping your personal information for longer than the period of time in which users have an account with us.
When we have no ongoing legitimate need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize such information, or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
7. HOW DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION SAFE? We aim to protect your personal information through a system of organizational and technical security measures.
We have implemented appropriate technical and organizational security measures designed to protect the security of any personal information we process. However, despite our safeguards and efforts to secure your information, no electronic transmission over the Internet or information storage technology can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, so we cannot promise or guarantee that hackers, cyber criminals, or other unauthorized third parties will not be able to defeat our security, and improperly collect, access, steal, or modify your information. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, transmission of personal information to and from our Game is at your own risk. You should only access the Game within a secure environment.
8. DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION FROM MINORS? We do not knowingly collect data from or market to children under 13 years of age.
Outlands recognizes the importance of protecting children’s privacy online. The Game is intended for adults and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children. In the United States, a child is defined by law as a person under the age of 13. When applicable, we follow the different minimum age guidelines set by the laws of other countries or territories.
We do not knowingly solicit data from or market to children under 13 years of age. By using the Game, you represent that you are at least 13 or that you are the parent or guardian of such a minor and consent to such minor dependent’s use of the Game. If we learn that personal information from users less than 13 years of age has been collected, we will deactivate the account and take reasonable measures to promptly delete such data from our records. If you become aware of any data we may have collected from children under age 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
9. WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS? You may review, change, or terminate your account at any time.
If you are resident in the European Economic Area and you believe we are unlawfully processing your personal information, you also have the right to complain to your local data protection supervisory authority. You can find their contact details here: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.htm.
If you are resident in Switzerland, the contact details for the data protection authorities are available here: https://www.edoeb.admin.ch/edoeb/en/home.html.
If you have questions or comments about your privacy rights, you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
10. ACCOUNT INFORMATION If you would at any time like to review or change the information in your account or terminate your account, you can contact us using the contact information provided.
11. DO WE MAKE UPDATES TO THIS NOTICE? Yes, we will update this notice as necessary to stay compliant with relevant laws.
We may update this privacy notice from time to time. The updated version will be indicated by an updated “Revised” date and the updated version will be effective as soon as it is accessible. If we make material changes to this privacy notice, we may notify you either by prominently posting a notice of such changes or by directly sending you a notification. We encourage you to review this privacy notice frequently to be informed of how we are protecting your information.
12. HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US ABOUT THIS NOTICE? If you have questions or comments about this notice, you may email us at email@example.com.
13. HOW CAN YOU REVIEW, UPDATE, OR DELETE THE DATA WE COLLECT FROM YOU? Based on the applicable laws of your country, you may have the right to request access to the personal information we collect from you, change that information, or delete it in some circumstances. To request to review, update, or delete your personal information, please submit a request via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to your request within 30 days.