Players can harvest logs using Hatchets and have a random chance to harvest colored logs if they meet the material's skill requirements. To lessen the strain of mining, players can use Smart Harvest by double-clicking a hatchet, then targeting themselves to search all nearby nodes. Base chances for players to discover colored trees are as follows:
- Regular: 82%
- Dullwood: 4.0%
- Shadowwood: 3.5%
- Copperwood: 3.0.%
- Bronzewood: 2.5%
- Goldenwood: 2.0%
- Rosewood: 1.5%
- Verewood: 1.0%
- Valewood: 0.5%
- Avarwood: 0.1%
Harvesting Colored Logs
Players using exceptional and colored material Hatchets will receive a Tool Bonus to their harvesting success chances as follows (with all applicable bonuses stacking):
- Exceptional Quality Hatchet Tool Bonus: 0.04
- Master Crafted Tool Bonus: 0.04
- Dull Copper Hatchet Tool Bonus: 0.02
- Shadow Iron Hatchet Tool Bonus: 0.04
- Copper Hatchet Tool Bonus: 0.06
- Bronze Hatchet Tool Bonus: 0.08
- Gold Hatchet Tool Bonus: 0.10
- Agapite Hatchet Tool Bonus: 0.12
- Verite Hatchet Tool Bonus: 0.14
- Valorite Hatchet Tool Bonus: 0.16
- Avarite Hatchet Tool Bonus: 0.18
- When using Lumber Maps, search radius is increased by (100% * (Lumberjacking Skill / 100))
- When using an axe, increase damage by Base Weapon Damage * (25% * (Lumberjacking Skill / 100)) damage per hit.
- When using an axe, increase damage by Base Weapon Damage * (10% * (Lumberjacking Skill / 100)) damage per hit.
Up to 50.0 skill can be trained by a NPC Bowyer, Carpenter or Cobbler vendor.
Lumberjacking can not be trained passively through combat.
50-100 Actively chop trees with a hatchet.