Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Players can use the Provocation skill to make creatures fight one another
- Skill usage cooldown is 5 seconds on both success and failure, but a player may only use Discordance once every 10 seconds (i.e. a player may alternate between using Provocation and Discordance every 5 seconds)
- A player's base Provocation skill is capped by their Musicianship skill (i.e. a player with 50 Peacemaking and 25 Musicianship is considered to have 25 Provocation)
- A player's Effective Provocation Skill is their (Provocation Skill + Instrument Skill Bonuses + Applicable Instrument Slayer Bonuses + Supplemental Skill Bonuses + Lyric Aspect Armor Bonus)
- Players can increase their Effective Provocation Skill through use of the Forensic Eval and Tracking skill, which is listed in the above formula as "Supplemental Skill Bonuses" (see Forensic Eval and Tracking Skill entries for more info)
- A player's total bonuses to Effective Provocation coming from Instruments, Supplemental Skill Bonuses, or Lyric Aspect Armor cannot be higher than their Musicianship skill (i.e. a player with 25 Musicianship could only gain up 25 points of Effective Peacemaking from their Instruments, Supplemental Skills, or Lyric Aspect Armor)
- Chance for skillgain is doubled on a successful provocation check
- Provocation effect duration is ((60 seconds - (Highest Creature Difficulty Value)) * (Effective Barding Skill / 100)) with a minimum duration of 15 * (Musicianship Skill / 100) seconds
- If a player attempts to Pacify a Provoked creature (or vice versa), it will override the existing barding effect with the new one
- Players attempting to use Provocation on creatures that are currently already Pacified or Discorded will gain an effective barding skill bonus of 12.5 on the Provocation attempt for each already barded creature
Casting a Barding Song has a 10 second cooldown that is independent of normal bard skill usage. All Barding Songs have a 15 minute duration. The Barding Songs are:
- Song of Provocation
- Increases Damage Dealt by (5% * (Provocation / 100)) to creatures
- More information in Musicianship
- Song of Peacemaking
- Song of Discordance
- Provoked creatures will attack each other until effect expires
- Provoked creatures now deal +50% damage to other Provoked creatures (patch April 7,2020)
- Creatures that have been provoked will display *provoked Xs* in text above their head when doing AllNames, where X is the number of seconds remaining until the provocation effect will end
- If the bard moves further away from a Provoked creature than their Tether distance, that creature will only deal 1 damage to other Provoked creatures, patch April 7,2020
- Tamed creatures cannot be provoked
- Players attempting to use Provocation on creatures that are currently already Pacified or Discorded will gain an effective Barding skill bonus of 12.5 on the Provocation attempt for each already Barded creature
- Provocation "Tether" distance for a player is now their (Effective Provocation Skill / 2) tiles (previously was 18) patch April 7,2020
- Provocation is trained through active use and requires an instrument.
- Up to 50.0 skill can be trained by a NPC bard vendor.
- Skill gains for Provocation up to 70.0 are accelerated in the New Player Dungeon.
- 50-70 use provocation on creatures in the New Player Dungeon.
- 70-120 use provocation on creatures at the Prevalia Zoo