Weapon and Shield Codex
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1 Summary
- 2 Codexes
- 3 Weapon and Shield Profiles
- 4 Weapon and Shield Stances/Ammunition
- 5 Stance/Ammunition and Weapon Finisher Effects
- 6 Active Weapon Stances and Shield Stances
- 7 Stance/Ammunition Ranks
- 8 Experience Amounts
- 9 Required Skills and Rank Caps
- 10 Weapon and Shield Finishers
- 11 Finisher Tiers and Weapon Triggering
- 12 Weapon Finisher Triggering
- 13 Weapon Finisher Cooldowns
- Players are able to craft Weapon and Shield Codexes with the Inscription skill
- Weapon Codexes are supplemental items that allow players to gain unique bonuses (via Stances/Ammunition as well as Finishers) when using Weapons against monsters (but provides no benefits towards other players)
- Shield Codexes are supplemental items that allow players to gain unique bonuses (via Stances as well as Finishers) when using Shields against monsters (but provides no benefits towards other players)
- There are 4 different Weapon Codexes, with one that corresponds to each melee skill (Archery, Fencing, Macing, and Swordsmanship)
- Additionally, a Shield Codex is available for the Parrying skill
- Harpoons will be treated as belonging to the Archery skill for the purposes of Codexes
- Codexes are Blessed items
- Players can craft Weapon and Shield Codexes through the Inscription skill
Weapon and Shield Profiles
- Every individual character now has what is referred to as a Weapon and Shield Profile that is permanently stored for them for each codex skill (Archery, Fencing, Macing, Swordsmanship, and Parrying)
- Similar to Summoner's Tomes, players can never "lose" their Weapon and Shield Profile: the data is permanently tracked for the player even if they lose their Codex (players can simply acquire a new codex)
- Each Profile for a character stores data on Stances (Fencing, Macing, Swordsmanship, Shields), Ammunition (Archery), as well as data on Finishers for the character
Weapon and Shield Stances/Ammunition
- By Double-Clicking a Codex, players can launch the related Profile menu for that skill for the character
- On the top half of the Profile page, players will see 5 difference Stances listed (or in the case of Archery, Ammunition types)
- Players can click the Large Button next to each Stance/Ammunition to Activate it (which will make it appear the color green in the menu page)
- Players can Single-Click their Codex in their backpack to see which Stance/Ammunition they currently have Activated for that skill
- Players can switch between Stances/Ammunition as often as they like, however each change costs the player 5 Mana
Stance/Ammunition and Weapon Finisher Effects
Archery Ammunition and Finishers
Fencing Stances and Finishers
Macefighting Stances and Finishers
Swordsmanship Stances and Finishers
Shield Stances and Finishers
Active Weapon Stances and Shield Stances
- Players are allowed to own multiple Codexes simultaneously, however they will only actively gain the benefits of Stances and Finishers from a Weapon Codex if they are currently wielding a weapon matching that codex's skill when making attacks (i.e. a player holding a Viking Sword will only gain bonuses from a Swordsmanship Codex, and not a Fencing Codex)
- Players can, however, gain the benefits from Stances/Finishers from a Shield codex while at the same time also receiving the benefits from another Weapon codex (if they are wielding the correct weapon for it)
- For each Stance/Ammunition, players have a Rank that ranges from 0-5, with their current Rank depicted by how many Repaired Weapon Icons are displayed (Broken Weapon Icons indicates ranks they have not yet reached)
- The Rank of a Stance/Ammunition will impact how powerful the effect it provides to the player is
- In order for players to increase their Rank for a Stance/Ammunition, they must first have it Activated (displayed in green), and then kill creatures while using that related Weapon Skill (or Shield Equipped) to earn Experience for the Stance/Ammunition
- As players kill creatures and gain Experience with a Stance/Ammunition activated, the Experience Progress Bar for it will fill up, and when it reaches 100%, they will increase their Rank by 1 (up to a maximum of Rank 5)
- When a player kills a creature, they will earn Experience amounts equal to the gold value of the creature, with amounts adjusted based on how much of the total damage done to the creature came from that player while using the related weapon skill (or having a shield equipped in the case of Shield Stances)
- For instance, a player who dealt 500 damage with Swords to a creature that has 1000 hit points and is worth 500 gold, will earn 250 Experience for any Activated Swordsmanship Stance
- In the case of Shield Stances, players earn experience in the same way as wepaons (dealing damage) while they have a shield equipped, and players can simultaneously earn experience for a Weapon Stance as well as a Shield Stance (both will be increased by the same amount of experience)
Experience amounts needed for each Rank are as follows:
- Rank 1: 20,000 Experience Needed
- Rank 2: 40,000 Experience Needed
- Rank 3: 60,000 Experience Needed
- Rank 4: 80,000 Experience Needed
- Rank 5: 100,000 Experience Needed
Required Skills and Rank Caps
- In order to ensure that "dexers" are the primary beneficiaries of Weapon/Shield codexes, players will have their Max Effective Rank for Stances/Ammuntion potentially capped based several criteria
- If a player has less than 80 skill for the related skill of the codex (i.e Archery, Fencing, Macing, Swords, Parrying), their Effective Max Rank for it it will always be capped at 0 (meaning players will gain no benefit from those Stances/Ammunition activated)
- In the Profile Menu, players will see "X" symbols over ranks if that rank is temporarily unavailable to the player due to a cap
- Note: players will still be able to activate Stances/Ammunitions and gain Experience for them even if they currently gain no benefits from them due to an Effective Max Rank limitation
- These skills are considered Warrior Skills and can contribute to increasing your Max Effective Rank while they are at 80 skill or higher:
Weapon and Shield Finishers
- The first time a player reaches Rank 5 for any Stance/Ammunition for a skill, they will unlock the ability to select Finishers.
- For weapons, Finishers are large-scale weapon hits, often with special handling, that players can randomly trigger when attacking a creature that is at 33% Hit Points or lower.
- For shields, Finishers are defensive measures that automatically go into effect for the player when they are at 33% Hit Points or lower.
- Each Skill has 2 different Finishers the player can chose from, which they can Activate by clicking the Large Button next to them.
- Players can click the Info button next to a Finisher to see a description of what it does.
- Players can switch between Finishers as often as they want.
- If a player has a Finisher activated, Single-Clicking a Codex will display their selected Stance/Ammunition as well as their selected Finisher.
Finisher Tiers and Weapon Triggering
- When players first unlock Finishers for a skill, those Finishers begin at Tier 1.
- From that point on, whenever the player reaches Rank 5 for another Stance/Ammunition for that same skill, their Finishers for the skill are increased by an additional Tier (up to a maximum of Tier 5, since there are 5 total Stances/Ammunitions available).
- Similar to Stances/Ammunition, a player also has their Effective Max Tier for Finishers capped based on what warrior skills they have on their character.
- A player's Effective Max Tier for Finishers will match their Effective Max Rank for Stances/Ammunitions (i.e. having an Effective Max Rank for Stances/Ammunition of 3 will also result in having a Effective Max Tier of 3 for Finishers).
- In the Profile menu players will see any Finisher Tiers that are temporarily unavailable to them due to a skills cap displayed in white.
Weapon Finisher Triggering
- Any time a character inflicts a weapon hit on a creature that is at 33% Hit Points or lower, they will have a chance to inflict a Weapon Finisher on the target if they have one activated
- The chance to inflict a Weapon Finisher is (10% + (1% x Tier Level))
- However, if a player has an Effective Max Tier for Finishers of 0 (due to not having proper skills on their char) they will always have a 0% chance to inflict a Weapon Finisher
- When a Weapon Finisher triggers, it will resolve the "original" hit as normal, and then afterwards will take that hit's damage and then use that amount as the baseline "Damage" for how much the Weapon Trigger will also inflict
- For example, the Ricochet Archery Finisher inflicts "250% damage each to 3 random targets within 4 tiles of the target"
- So a base hit of 50 damage that results in a Weapon Trigger, will first resolve 50 damage to the initial target. After which it will also inflict 50 x 2.5 = 125 Damage to 3 other randomized targets nearby (for a max total of 375 bonus damage inflicted)
- It should be noted that bonus damage from Aspect Weapon Specials are NOT considered to be part of the base damage of melee attacks, so will not be factored into the base damage of attack for determine base Weapon Finisher damage. Stealth Backstabs, however, WILL be considered as part of the base damage of an attack and therefore will be considered for Weapon Finisher base damage
Weapon Finisher Cooldowns
- Against normal creatures, players are only allowed to trigger a single Weapon Finisher upon them
- Against Boss-Type creatures (such as a Lore Boss, Mini-Boss, Boss, Shrine Boss, Omni-Boss, Event Boss) players can trigger one Weapon Finisher onto them every 60 seconds