From UOOutlands Wiki
The path of an Animal Tamer is a long, oft times frustrating one, but with the ability to control animals and monsters, becoming a Tamer is a lucrative profession if given the time and patience it needs to be raised and mastered.
- To tame a creature requires both the Animal Taming and Animal Lore skills
- The player must stand within 3 tiles of the creature to begin taming it
- Within each 5 point skill range of Animal Taming skill (such as 50-55, 55-60, 60-65, etc) a player can passively gain up to 2.5 skill points of Animal Taming
- Players earn passive Animal Taming skill gain by killing hostile creatures while using Tamed creatures, so long at least one of their pets has a minimum Taming Skill requirement value that lies within the player's current Taming Skill Range or the previous skill range
- For instance, a player at 63.5 Animal Taming could gain up to 2.5 skill points while in the 60-65 Animal Taming skill range as long as they use at least one tamed creature that has a Taming requirement between 55-60 or 60-65.
- The chance to passively gain Animal Taming skill is scaled based on the difficulty of the creature killed (i.e. killing a daemon has higher chance than killing a mongbat)
Tamables and their Locations